Lenovo ThinkPad T440p 14" FHD Laptop: i7-4700MQ, 8GB RAM, 240GB SSD, Warranty
A good condition laptop, checked and tested by our technicians (photos of the listed unit). It comes with a charger, in a repacked box. It has a 3-month RTB warranty with us. The outside casing looks okay (some wears/marks on the lid, the sides/edges/base/battery, etc). The screen works, grade B condition (some slight surface marks and colour blemish, less visible when the screen is on, see photos 3-5). The inside casing looks good (some signs of use on the keyboard, trackpad, palmrest, visibly shiny from use; do see photos). The battery holds at least 75% of the original capacity (HWMonitor estimation only). Powerful laptop, expect some noticeable heat & noise under load/in use. Sold on the VAT Margin Scheme (VAT cannot be claimed back).
Spec (of the listed unit):
- Intel Core i7-4700MQ Quad core Processor @ 2.40GHz (upto 3.40Ghz TurboBoost, 8 Threads
- 14" FHD IPS Display (1920x1080, Matte, non-touch)
- Intel HD Graphics 4600
- 8GB RAM included
- 240GB SSD included (2.5")
- Backlit UK keyboard
- Running Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
- Ports: 2x USB 3, 2x USB 2; Audio jack, Ethernet, Card reader, Dock Connector, VGA, Mini DisplayPort
- Networking: Intel Wireless (7260), Ethernet
- Features: Webcam, built-in speakers, DVD drive, Security keyhole, swappable smaller battery included
- Around 2.31Kg weight
- MPN: 20AN00BYUK
- Lenovo T440p Laptop
- Lenovo AC charger (with the UK plug cable)
- EU buyer? If you'd like the EU plug cable instead of the UK plug cable, just leave a note at the checkout
Please note this item is sold under HMRC's VAT Margin Scheme (as such you will not be able to claim-back the VAT on this purchase). Meaning whilst the total eBay price is inclusive of VAT - as per accordance to the HMRC's VAT Margin scheme requirement, the invoice will only display the total price, the VAT portion cannot be separately I displayed.
Peace of mind:
We will include a 3-month return to base coverage from the date of arrival.
Our technician will provide support (simply contact us). If the initial remote diagnostics highlight the need, we may request for you to get the item to us for servicing (within 30 days, repair/replace, or refund available); after the initial 30 days, a refund will only be arranged if repair or replacement is not possible. After the initial 30 days, the onus of the postage cost is with the buyer.
- During the service, we cannot be held responsible for any data loss that may occur, as we may be required to reinstall the Operating System (which will erase previous data). We are unable to offer data recovery.
- As a good practice, we advise our customers to regularly back up their data.This does not apply to cosmetic wear due to use, nor existing issue(s) already noted in the original listing, nor does it cover any consumable part (e.g. the battery).
- During the service, if damage due to misuse is found, e.g. liquid/drops, cracked glass, etc, then the cover will be voided (set out fully in the "additional return policy details" below).
More product info:
With an award-winning keyboard & 14" matte display - the T440P could assist wherever your work takes you.
Suitable for home, office & school work, has up-to-date drivers, and will be ready to use out of the box.
Intel Core i7 Processors
You can multitask more quickly & move more effortlessly - all with the convenience of a longer battery life.
Full-sized & spill-resistant, the ergonomic ThinkPad keyboard is renowned for its array of keys, excellent feel and TrackPoint® pointing.
The anti-glare technology makes the screen more easy to look at (even over the long haul).
Being able to transfer data ten times faster with 2x USB 3.0 ports.
Portable & MIL-SPEC Tested
It meets 8 US military-spec tests for ruggedness, durability & quality (high pressure, humidity, vibration, high temperature, temperature shock, low pressure / temperature & dust).
Moreover, its roll-cage consisting of a carbon fibre top & a light-weight magnesium bottom add extra strength & rigidity.
Dolby Advanced Audio V2
A suite of audio technology from Dolby delivers a more crisp, clear sound than the last generation.
Still a business must-have for business conferencing: a native VGA port means no VGA dongles to buy/lose/replace.
When ordering with GreenGreenStore, we offer:
- Fast & Free delivery: a next weekdays service (DPD) in most of the UK (2 days in the Highlands/NI & remote areas).
- Order before 11AM Monday to Thursday for next day delivery. We do offer a Saturday delivery option for a small charge for orders made before 11AM on a Friday. The Saturday option must be chosen at checkout, otherwise orders will be delivered on Monday (excluding bank holidays).
- The courier will always be fully insured, for your peace of mind.
- You will not be able to choose the options of leave at a safe place or with a neighbour, due to the value of the goods sold.
- You will be able to collect your order from a DPD parcel shop if are unable to be in for your delivery, you will need ID to collect your order.
- DPD may occasionally deliver your order to a parcel shop if you are not in, rather than retry delivery.
- 30-days Return Period (the return is pre-paid, read more here).
- Refunds will be issued within 2 business days once we have received your return. Once issued, it may take between 2-10 days for the funds to appear on your original payment method, this varies based on the source used. See our FAQ for more information on returns.
Firstly, the detailed photos & condition are available:
Secondly, the Grading Shortcut (A / B+ / B / C) is available:
What the Grading Shortcut (A / B+ / B / C) means:
Grading Shortcut (A / B+ / B / C) vs detailed description, what's better?
Warranty and repairs
- Hardware warranty included. All items we provide include some Return-to-Base (RTB) hardware warranty with us (UK-wide only). This duration varies between 3 to 12 months, this is stated in the product description tab on each product page. This limited hardware warranty does not include accidental damage cover (e.g. from liquid damage/drops, etc). The battery & the charger both have 30 days warranty only.
- Warranty Extensions: Warranty upgrades can be made during checkout, they can be selected just to the right of the product images above, or within 30 days of your order only, any warranty upgrades ordered more than 30 days after your order, will not be eligible for the extended coverage & will instead be refunded. Both the included warranty duration, and any upgraded warranty duration would remain a limited hardware warranty, and does not cover for liquid nor accidental damage.
- Manufacturer Warranty: Items are backed by our in-house warranty period only, any remaining manufacturer warranty is not considered to be included as part of the listings. It should be regarded as a bonus only and we cannot guarantee that this will be honoured by the manufacturer.
- Support: Our technicians will provide support within our in-house RTB warranty period. If you need warranty support, you may email us on email@example.com, or reach us via the live chat, or office phone on 01782976280, Our office hours are 9am to 5pm weekdays. We can provide a basic level of software support.This includes simple Windows setup tips, etc (to help you getting started). To be clear: detailed software support, third party software support & software training is not included.
- Repairs: Warranty Repairs can take an estimated 7-14 working days from when we receive the item. This may vary depending on the type of repair and the availability of parts if required. We do not offer any data recovery service, backing up your data is your responsibility. Within the first 30 days, we'll pay the postage cost to collect the item (for repair/replacement). After the first 30 days, we'd ask the customers to safely send the items to us (we'll still pay to send it back to you).
Are the prices on the website inclusive VAT, or exclusive of VAT?
The price we quote on the website are inclusive of VAT, so there is no additional VAT charge to worry about.
Can I claim back the VAT on purchases on the GreenGreen Store?
1. If you're eligible to claim-back the UK VAT normally (e.g. you're a VAT registered company or a similar entity), then you should be able to reclaim the VAT, if the item is sold as "Standard VAT" (as in it includes the 20% VAT). Some of the items on the GreenGreen Store are sold on the Standard VAT scheme.
2. If a product, however, is sold on the VAT Margin Scheme, then you cannot claim the VAT back (the VAT is included in the price, but cannot be separately displayed).
3. If you're a private individual, this does not affect you. The price you see is the price you pay.
What is standard VAT?
Goods sold on this includes the 20% UK VAT & if you’re a VAT registered business you may be able to claim this back.
What is the VAT Margin Scheme?
This is frequently used for second hand goods / refurbished products - where the price you see includes the VAT, but the VAT cannot be claimed back, nor displayed separately on the invoice.
Under this scheme, VAT is calculated on the margin (instead of on the selling price). The second-hand products sold on VAT margin, are not re-taxed again on its whole value (as they would have already been taxed once, when they were first sold), instead it's taxed just on the margin added. This is frequently used in the refurb market - as it encourages a more circular economy, by allowing the resale of second-hand goods at a more accessible price.
How do I know which one it's sold on?
The item description will confirm which VAT an item is sold on. Additionally, on our website, there is a filter on the left hand side to quickly find the laptops you need. The VAT selection is at the bottom of the list.
How does the VAT Margin Scheme affect you?
If you’re a consumer, then it doesn’t affect you at all. The price you see is the price you pay.
If you're a VAT registered businesses (or other such organisation that could normally claim back the VAT on eligible purchases), then you will not be able to claim back the VAT on the goods sold on the VAT margin scheme.
I'm buying for business, does it make sense to buy on VAT Margin?
This depends on the item. You may sometimes find it more economical to buy the same product on the Standard VAT Scheme. That said, our product's pricing are benchmarked regularly (so it often could still makes sense to buy, even if it's on the VAT Margin Scheme, where you cannot reclaim the VAT).
We recognise that businesses (B2B), and household consumers (B2C) often need different products. As a result, we’re gradually stocking more business focused laptops on the Standard VAT scheme, whilst keeping the VAT margin scheme range for the consumers.
Are you a business looking for laptops on the Standard VAT scheme? Check out our Refurbished Business Collection. If you can't find what you're looking for, add new stock every day so keep a lookout for more.