An overall good condition laptop, thoroughly checked & tested by our technicians (photos are from the listed unit). Comes in a repacked box with the charger. Has a 12-month warranty with us. The serial number suggests HP warranty until 2024 (see photo 3). The screen has visible surface marks. The inside looks good. The outside casing looks good (some small cosmetic marks on the lid etc). These are cosmetic only, does not affect the performance. The battery holds at least 95% charge (HP app estimation only). Designed to be thin & light, no DVD drive internally. A powerful unit in a compact body, expect some normal noise under load. Sold on the VAT Margin Scheme (VAT cannot be claimed back).
Spec (of the listed unit):
- CPU: Intel 10th Gen Core i5-10310U Quad-Core Processor @ 1.6 GHz (upto 4.2 GHz TurboBoost, 6MB cache) vPro capable
- The performance is not far from the Core i7-10510U
- Storage: 256GB SSD Included
- Memory: 16GB RAM Included (1 of 2 slots used)
- Display: 14" Full-HD IPS Display (anti-glare, 1920x1080, non-touch)
- Bang & Olufsen speaker with mic
- Backlit Keypad (UK layout)
- OS: Running Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
- No DVD drive
- Ports: 2x USB 3.1 Type-C® with Thunderbolt™ support; 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (1 charging); 1x headphone/mic combo; 1x HDMI
- Networking: Wifi (802.11ax), Bluetooth, no WWAN
- Internal battery
- Security: fingerprint reader
- Dimension: 323.6 x 214.7 x 17.9 mm, from 1.33 kg
- PN: 21U49UC
- HP EliteBook 840 G7 Laptop
- HP Charger (with the UK plug cable).
- EU buyer? (if you'd like for us to swap the UK plug cable, for the EU plug cable-free, just make a note at checkout)
Please note this item is sold under HMRC's VAT Margin Scheme (as such you will not be able to claim-back the VAT on this purchase).
Peace of mind:
We include a 12-month return to base coverage from the date of arrival (see warranty section for more detail).
A collaborative approach to work requires a powerful, secure, and durable laptop that keeps users connected and productive in any setting. Meet the demands of your multi-task, multi-place workday with the lightweight and beautifully designed HP EliteBook 840 G7.
Designed for comfort
Easy to carry from meeting to meeting, the ultrathin and light 14-inch diagonal the HP EliteBook 840 G7 with an 85-percent screen-to-body ratio. It also includes a new keyboard and clickpad that are quiet and comfortable to work on.
Work with peace of mind
Security features from HP work together to create an always-on, always-acting, resilient defense. From the BIOS to the browser, above and below the OS, these constantly evolving solutions help protect your PC from threats.
Do great work on the HP EliteBook 840 G7. Fast Wifi, a long battery life, and a powerful 10th Gen Intel® Core™ processor.
When ordering with GreenGreen Store, we offer:
- 30-days Return Period (the return is pre-paid, read more here).
Fast & Free delivery: a next weekdays service (DPD) in most of the UK (2 days in the Highlands/NI & remote areas). The courier will always be fully insured, for your peace of mind. You will not be able to choose the options of leave at a safe place or with a neighbour, due to the value of the goods sold. You will be able to collect your order from a DPD parcel shop if are unable to be in for your delivery, you will need ID to collect your order. DPD may occasionally deliver your order to a parcel shop if you are not in, rather than retry delivery.
- 11AM cut-off for same-day dispatch: during the weekdays.
Firstly, the detailed photos & condition are available:
Secondly, the Grading Shortcut (A / B+ / B / C) is available:
What the Grading Shortcut (A / B+ / B / C) means:
Grading Shortcut (A / B+ / B / C) vs detailed description, what's better?
Warranty and repairs
Hardware warranty included. All items we provide includes some Return-to-Base (RTB) hardware warranty with us (UK-wide only). This duration varies between 3 to 12 month (stated on the product page & starts on the date of delivery). This limited hardware warranty does not include accidental damage cover (e.g. from liquid damage/drops, etc).
Software tech Support: we can provide a basic level of software support.This includes simple Windows setup tips, etc (to help you getting started). To be clear: detailed software support & software training is not included (e.g. how to use a CAD app / how to render an assembly, etc), and should be directed at the relevant software/hardware vendors.
Backing up your data is your responsibility. YourPC / laptop will be reset during the repair (your data will be lost). We do not offer any data recovery service. Within the first 30 days, we'llpay the postage cost to collect the item (for repair/replacement). After the first 30 days, we'd ask the customers to safely send the items to us (we'll still pay to send it back to you).
Our technicians will provide support within our in-house RTB warranty period. If you need warranty support, you may email us on email@example.com, or reach us via the live chat, or office phone on 01782976280.
Our office hours is 9am-5pm weekdays.
- The Product is damaged by accident, abuse, catastrophe, improper use (including failure to heed instructions or warnings), improper maintenance, inadequate packaging, neglect, misuse, operator error. If you require accidental coverage, please consider liaise with a 3rd party insurance provider.
- Normal wear and tear, including without limitation, to a Product or Product accessory or part that is consumable or expendable. Both the charger & the battery shall have 30 days warranty with us only.
- Damage to or loss of any data, program, or removable storage media; we suggest for our customers to frequently backup their data externally & on the cloud.
- The Product is damaged due to alterations, changes, modifications, repair, or other services performed by a third party that is not authorized by SMT Commerce Ltd.
- The Product is damaged by external causes, includingbut not limited to, corrosion, falls, environmental factors (includingtemperature and humidity), power failure, faulty power supply, airconditioning, operator, data communications system failure or malfunction.
- Loss of your item after the delivery (we suggest reviewing home insurance or personal insurance products to ensure adaquate coverage).
- Hardware or software incompatibility issue(s). We can optionally assist with basic Windows troubleshootings, however we do not currently provide software specific support, we suggest contacting the vendor of softwares to confirm compatibility (or checkingthe said app's minimum hardware requirements) before purchasing the laptops.
- Installation, relocation, or removal of Product or any accessories, apparatus, attachments or other devices;
- Productaccessory, apparatus, attachment, or devices that are not originally bundled with the Product, or is not provided by SMT Commerce Ltd;
- Product that is not purchased from the GreenGreenStore Online Store.
- Product that is outside of the in-house warranty duration is not covered by our support. If you require support for a device outside of our in-house warranty period, you may still contact us, where we may be able to signpost manufacturer's own out of warranty support contact information (in case they may be able to offer chargeable repairs).
- Where the original order's delivery address is an UK address, the coverage of the warranty shall strictly be limited to the UK region only. For such order with UK shipping addresses, we're unable to collect/return the item from/to an EU or international address.
Are the prices on the website inclusive VAT, or exclusive of VAT?
The price we quote on the website are inclusive of VAT, so there is no additional VAT charge to worry about.
Can I claim back the VAT on purchases on the GreenGreen Store?
1. If you're eligible to claim-back the UK VAT normally (e.g. you're a VAT registered company or a similar entity), then you should be able to reclaim the VAT, if the item is sold as "Standard VAT" (as in it includes the 20% VAT). Some of the items on the GreenGreen Store is sold on the Standard VAT.
2. If a product, however, is sold on the VAT Margin Scheme, then you cannot claim the VAT back (the VAT is included in the price, but cannot be separately displayed).
3. If you're a private individual, this does not affect you. The price you see is the price you pay.
What is standard VAT?
Goods sold on this includes the 20% VAT & if you’re a VAT registered business you may be able to claim this back.
What is the VAT Margin Scheme?
This is frequently used for second hand goods / refurbished products - where the price you see includes the VAT, but the VAT cannot be claimed back, nor displayed separately on the invoice.
How do I know which one it's sold on?
The item description will confirm which VAT an item is sold on. Additionally, on our website, there is a filter to quickly find the laptops you need.
How does the VAT Margin Scheme affect you?
If you’re a consumer, then it doesn’t affect you at all. The price you see is the price you pay.
If you're a VAT registered businesses (or other such organisation that could normally claim back the VAT on eligible purchases), then you will not be able to claim back the VAT on the goods sold on the VAT margin scheme.
I'm buying for business, does it make sense to buy on VAT Margin?
This depends on the item. You may sometimes find it more economical to buy the same product on the Standard VAT Scheme. That said, our product's pricing are benchmarked regularly (so it often could still makes sense to buy, even if it's on the VAT Margin Scheme, where you cannot reclaim the VAT).
We recognise that businesses (B2B), and household consumers (B2C) often need different products. As a result, we’re gradually stocking more business focused laptops on the Standard VAT scheme, whilst keeping the VAT margin scheme range for the consumers.