Canon EF 24-70 F/2.8L II USM Professional Zoom Lens (EF Full Frame)
A working but heavily used professional zoom lens. This II model is favored & relied upon for some very professional workloads. Tested and works (photos are from the listed unit). Focus ring works but is more noisy/noticeably less smooth than normal to rotate. Zoom ring operates smoothly. AF/MF switch works well. Optically looks okay, has some small scratch on the front glass element (to be picky, see photo 3-4; we'd be critical and say 7/10 rating optically). Sold on the VAT Margin Scheme (EU buyers: we're unable to zero VAT). Has a 3-month RTB warranty with us only. The outside casing has some very noticeable wears/marks (noticeable wears on the non-glass part of the casing; noticeable paint wears on the edges/casing; scratch visible on the focus indicator screen). The original box is included (it will have noticeable marks visible). Note: We prefer to be critical in the description.
- Built around the Canon EF mount, this lens is compatible with both full-frame cameras such as the 5D series, and cropped (APS-C) sensor cameras such as the 1300D.
- Features the next-generation optics feature ultra-low dispersion (UD) and super UD elements for exceptional sharpness. Aspherical lens elements combat chromatic aberration.
- L-Series Quality: The fast f/2.8 maximum aperture is perfect for low-light shooting and control over depth of field.
- The lens is sealed against dust and moisture, and its tough construction protects against knocks and bumps
- Ultrasonic AF: the USM (Ultra-Sonic Motor) allows for fast, near-silent focusing with full-time manual override.
- Lens Construction: With a minimum focus distance of 0.38m, this lens has a nine-bladed circular aperture diaphragm for smooth natural bokeh.
- EF 24-70mm f/2.8L
- Lens Cap
- Lens hood
- Original box (noticeable marks)
Peace of mind:
We include a 3-month return to base coverage from the date of arrival.
Our technician will provide support (simply contact us). If the initial remote diagnostics shows the need, we may request for you to get the item to us for servicing (within 30 days, repair/replace, or refund available); after the initial 30 days, a refund will only be arranged if repair or replacement is not possible. After the initial 30 days, the onus of the postage cost is with the buyer.
- This does not apply to cosmetic wear due to use, nor existing issue(s) already noted in the original listing, nor does it cover any consumable part (e.g. the battery/lens cover). During the service, if damage due to misuse is found, e.g. liquid damage /drops, glass damage, cracked screen, etc, then the cover will be voided (set out fully in the "additional return policy details" below).
- **Our 3-month RTB warranty, is separate to any remaining manufacturer's warranty. To be clear, any remaining manufacturer's warranty is not considered a part of this listing's offer.
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L II USM Lens
A professional-quality standard zoom that offers outstanding image quality and a fast f/2.8 aperture throughout its zoom range. This L-series lens has a reputation among professional photographers as being the go-to zoom lens, thanks to it’s sharp optics and ability to be used in almost any environment. The perfect companion to any full-frame EOS camera.
- Large aperture L-Series standard zoom lens that combines high image quality and enhanced durability. Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture for effective imaging in low light and shallow depth of field.
- New optical design utilizes one Super UD lens element and two UD lens elements to minimize chromatic aberration in the outer area at wide-angle; as well as eliminates color blurring around the edges of the subject, for images with high resolution and contrast.
- Combines two types of aspherical elements to reduce spherical aberration, and achieve high image quality across the entire screen area and throughout the full zoom range.
- Highly resistant to dust and water, enabling shooting even in harsh and rigorous conditions.
- Nine-blade circular diaphragm delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Ring USM, high-speed CPU, and optimized AF algorithms for fast autofocusing.
- Manual focus override in One Shot AF mode allows precise manual focus even in AF mode.
- Optimized lens coatings ensure exceptional color balance while minimizing ghosting.
- Fluorine coating on front and rear lens surfaces reduces smears and fingerprints.
- Zoom lock lever locks the zoom position at the wide end for safe transporting.
When ordering with GreenGreenStore, we offer:
- Fast & Free delivery: a next weekdays service (DPD) in most of the UK (2 days in the Highlands/NI & remote areas).
- Order before 11AM Monday to Thursday for next day delivery. We do offer a Saturday delivery option for a small charge for orders made before 11AM on a Friday. The Saturday option must be chosen at checkout, otherwise orders will be delivered on Monday (excluding bank holidays).
- The courier will always be fully insured, for your peace of mind.
- You will not be able to choose the options of leave at a safe place or with a neighbour, due to the value of the goods sold.
- You will be able to collect your order from a DPD parcel shop if are unable to be in for your delivery, you will need ID to collect your order.
- DPD may occasionally deliver your order to a parcel shop if you are not in, rather than retry delivery.
- 30-days Return Period (the return is pre-paid, read more here).
- Refunds will be issued within 2 business days once we have received your return. Once issued, it may take between 2-10 days for the funds to appear on your original payment method, this varies based on the source used. See our FAQ for more information on returns.
Firstly, the detailed photos & condition are available:
Secondly, the Grading Shortcut (A / B+ / B / C) is available:
What the Grading Shortcut (A / B+ / B / C) means:
Grading Shortcut (A / B+ / B / C) vs detailed description, what's better?
Warranty and repairs
- Hardware warranty included. All items we provide include some Return-to-Base (RTB) hardware warranty with us (UK-wide only). This duration varies between 3 to 12 months, this is stated in the product description tab on each product page. This limited hardware warranty does not include accidental damage cover (e.g. from liquid damage/drops, etc). The battery & the charger both have 30 days warranty only.
- Warranty Extensions: Warranty upgrades can be made during checkout, they can be selected just to the right of the product images above, or within 30 days of your order only, any warranty upgrades ordered more than 30 days after your order, will not be eligible for the extended coverage & will instead be refunded. Both the included warranty duration, and any upgraded warranty duration would remain a limited hardware warranty, and does not cover for liquid nor accidental damage.
- Manufacturer Warranty: Items are backed by our in-house warranty period only, any remaining manufacturer warranty is not considered to be included as part of the listings. It should be regarded as a bonus only and we cannot guarantee that this will be honoured by the manufacturer.
- Support: Our technicians will provide support within our in-house RTB warranty period. If you need warranty support, you may email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or reach us via the live chat, or office phone on 01782976280, Our office hours are 9am to 5pm weekdays. We can provide a basic level of software support.This includes simple Windows setup tips, etc (to help you getting started). To be clear: detailed software support, third party software support & software training is not included.
- Repairs: Warranty Repairs can take an estimated 7-14 working days from when we receive the item. This may vary depending on the type of repair and the availability of parts if required. We do not offer any data recovery service, backing up your data is your responsibility. Within the first 30 days, we'll pay the postage cost to collect the item (for repair/replacement). After the first 30 days, we'd ask the customers to safely send the items to us (we'll still pay to send it back to you).
Are the prices on the website inclusive VAT, or exclusive of VAT?
The price we quote on the website are inclusive of VAT, so there is no additional VAT charge to worry about.
Can I claim back the VAT on purchases on the GreenGreen Store?
1. If you're eligible to claim-back the UK VAT normally (e.g. you're a VAT registered company or a similar entity), then you should be able to reclaim the VAT, if the item is sold as "Standard VAT" (as in it includes the 20% VAT). Some of the items on the GreenGreen Store are sold on the Standard VAT scheme.
2. If a product, however, is sold on the VAT Margin Scheme, then you cannot claim the VAT back (the VAT is included in the price, but cannot be separately displayed).
3. If you're a private individual, this does not affect you. The price you see is the price you pay.
What is standard VAT?
Goods sold on this includes the 20% UK VAT & if you’re a VAT registered business you may be able to claim this back.
What is the VAT Margin Scheme?
This is frequently used for second hand goods / refurbished products - where the price you see includes the VAT, but the VAT cannot be claimed back, nor displayed separately on the invoice.
Under this scheme, VAT is calculated on the margin (instead of on the selling price). The second-hand products sold on VAT margin, are not re-taxed again on its whole value (as they would have already been taxed once, when they were first sold), instead it's taxed just on the margin added. This is frequently used in the refurb market - as it encourages a more circular economy, by allowing the resale of second-hand goods at a more accessible price.
How do I know which one it's sold on?
The item description will confirm which VAT an item is sold on. Additionally, on our website, there is a filter on the left hand side to quickly find the laptops you need. The VAT selection is at the bottom of the list.
How does the VAT Margin Scheme affect you?
If you’re a consumer, then it doesn’t affect you at all. The price you see is the price you pay.
If you're a VAT registered businesses (or other such organisation that could normally claim back the VAT on eligible purchases), then you will not be able to claim back the VAT on the goods sold on the VAT margin scheme.
I'm buying for business, does it make sense to buy on VAT Margin?
This depends on the item. You may sometimes find it more economical to buy the same product on the Standard VAT Scheme. That said, our product's pricing are benchmarked regularly (so it often could still makes sense to buy, even if it's on the VAT Margin Scheme, where you cannot reclaim the VAT).
We recognise that businesses (B2B), and household consumers (B2C) often need different products. As a result, we’re gradually stocking more business focused laptops on the Standard VAT scheme, whilst keeping the VAT margin scheme range for the consumers.
Are you a business looking for laptops on the Standard VAT scheme? Check out our Refurbished Business Collection. If you can't find what you're looking for, add new stock every day so keep a lookout for more.